Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Enbrethiliel of Sancta Sanctis is one of the most thoughtful, elegant, and stylish (in the writerly sense) bloggers on the Catholic interwebs.  She took my breath away today with the closing of a typically provocative and well-considered post:

"Perhaps, one day, I'll look back at everything I've screwed up and see the grace that helped me to do any of it at all."

I think I will adopt this felicitous thought as the motto both of Thanksgiving and of this blog. 

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Thank you, Pentimento. =) Your regard means very much to me.

PS -- That last sentence was practically an afterthought, added impulsively right before I hit the "Publish" button.

Pentimento said...

Your afterthought seems to me like an inspired prayer. It will certainly become one for me.

Oh, and Enbrethiliel, by saying that you were stylish in the writerly sense, I by no means meant to denigrate your stylishness in the sartorial sense. :)