Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Morning sickness, or the sickness of mourning?"

Someone just sent me this moving music video by Nick Cannon, the actor, rapper, and husband of Mariah Carey, in which he tells the story of his mother's decision not to abort him.

In spite of their dependence on the African-American voting block, many liberal politicians have consistently misread the feelings of blacks about abortion.  This cultural tone-deafness has been expressed in cynical attempts by pro-choice groups to add more members of color to their ranks, in spite of the fact that the abortion rate among black women is far, far greater than their representation in society, that most African Americans are pro-life, and that many consider the rampant practice of abortion in their communities to be a form of genocide.

4 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, my, that *is* powerful. Thank you for passing it on. I will, too.

Emily J. said...

My boys will be surprised when I encourage them to listen to a rap song...

Jeannette said...

Thanks for sharing...Gretchen sent this to me. I'll have to poke around your blog and see what else you are lighting your blog with.

Pentimento said...

Thank you, Jeannette, and welcome!