Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sibling Group Available for Adoption - UPDATED JULY 2012

UPDATE: The children are in the process of being placed. May God bless everyone who responded and who prayed for them, and may He continue to bring parents and children together in all the mysterious ways He does.

Dear all, a close friend of this blog has asked me to write about a group of seven children, aged three to sixteen, who are available for adoption in the state of Indiana.  My friend's sister has been a foster mother to several of them and fell in love with them, but is unable to adopt them. The best-case scenario would be that all seven were kept together, but over the years of foster care, they've gotten used to being apart, so if anyone is not ready to expand his or her family in such a major way, it would still be possible to provide a permanent home and family for some of these children. Indiana allows adoptions across state lines.

The link for Indiana's Department of Child Services is http://www.in.gov/dcs/. If you feel called to help these children, please leave a comment and either my friend or I will get in touch with you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for them!

Pentimento said...

A mom who is foster-care and sibling-group certified in Indiana responded! Please continue to pray for the children and for this family's discernment.

Tiffany Borges said...

Praying in Alaska!

Julie said...

I have talked to the case worker and she has let me know that they are only considering families that can take all seven. Unfortunately, we are not approved (our house is not big enough) for more than 2-3. Hoping that their forever family comes into their life soon!

Pentimento said...

Continuing to pray for these children. God bless you, Julie.

Anne-Marie said...

"over the years of foster care, they've gotten used to being apart"

This brought tears to my eyes. Praying.

Kimberlie said...

I just saw this post. I will pray for this family. It broke my heart to see that they are "used to being apart." I pray they will all be together again! Will you please keep us updated if possible?

Anonymous said...

looked at website, did notsee a sibling group of seven

Pentimento said...

Anonymous, if you leave an email address here, I will put the contact person for these children in touch with you and then delete your address.