Sunday, June 8, 2008

Angel of Mercy


When I went for my ultrasound last week, I asked my good friend J. to come with me. J. had been my NFP instructor before my marriage, is a biologist, and was newly pregnant with her third child. I was very grateful for her support when I learned that I would have another miscarriage. The next day, in an awful coincidence, she miscarried too. She sent the following email message to her friends:

Dear Friends,
Many of you know that we were expecting our third child.
The baby was only 27 days old (from conception) when our good Papa called him Home.
We named the baby Angel.
We are looking forward to being reunited with our Angel in Heaven.
Peace and Love to you all.


She closed with a quote from St. Faustina's Diary:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might
not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to
Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I am so very sorry for both you and your friend's losses. You and your families will be in my prayers.

Pentimento said...

Thank you, Jennifer.

Dan Morehead said...

Sending as much warmth as one can from the blogosphere.