Thursday, August 25, 2011

Two Worthy Posts

1. I wasn't raised to be a mother.

The first is by my dear friend Rachael Collins, formerly known as Mrs. C, writer of the now-retired blog Adoptio, through whom I learned of Baby Jude, and now the adoptive mother of a newborn daughter. Rachael is one of the most brilliant and accomplished (and faithful and compassionate) women I know, and she writes about leaving the world of measurable outcomes and earned rewards and embarking upon a quest to become the "good woman" of Proverbs 31.

2. [T]he needs never stop. And the hurt never stops. And the brokenness in the world?   

It never stops. 

We can't fix it. That's the truth, and I know it. I'm not so naive as to think that if we all just gave it our 110% that we'd stamp out sin in this world. It doesn't work like that, no matter how good it sounds. That's why we need Jesus. I get that. I accept it. I shout it from the rooftops.

. . . . The point is this: you might just make a difference for one suffering soul. Just one.

The second is by Mary Grace, a mother by birth, fostering, and adoption, who makes a heartfelt to each of us to discern how we might help a child who is hurt, hungry, and afraid.

No comments: